Is fostering right for you?
become a builder of hope
If you long to be the difference in a child’s life, there are many ways to help them achieve their full potential. From providing short term respite, to therapeutic foster care, fostering to adopt, fostering a teen mother and her child or supporting them as they safely reunite or transition to adulthood, you can be the bridge that secures a child’s future. Become an #AgentofHope.
foster parent testimonials
the benefits of becoming a SAFY
therapeutic foster parent
SAFY’s Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) services provide a stable home environment for children with families who care for and believe every youth can achieve their full potential. SAFY equips foster families with tools, such as parental skill building and behavioral coping skills ensuring a youth’s physical and emotional well-being. SAFY is here to support you and your family on your journey as foster parents:
• In-home support for youth and family
• 24/7 on-call support
• Youth enrichment support
• Financial reimbursement*
• Grief & Attachment Support
• Mentor network of foster parents
• Foster family events and activities
• Foster parent recognition & Awards
• Ongoing training, support and development
* Licensed foster parents receive a bi-weekly reimbursement to cover the cost of caring for a youth. Medical and Dental expenses are also covered.
basic requirements of fostering
Individuals interested in becoming a therapeutic foster care parent must meet state requirements for foster parent licensure, including but not limited to the following:
• At least 21 years of age (In most states)
• Have a separate living space in your home for a youth
• Have a stable income
• Have a high school diploma or GED (In most states)
• Own or rent your place of residence
• Single, married or unmarried partners
information sessions & training
The first step on your journey to becoming a foster parent is to meet with our qualified and dedicated staff. SAFY offers in-person, web and phone information sessions and training. We will walk you through the process and answer your questions on your journey to becoming a foster or foster to adopt parent.
• Learn about children and teenagers who need guidance and care
• Review basic foster parent roles, responsibilities and expectations
• Tailored to your schedule and needs – one-on-one and in-home sessions are available
• Prepare yourself for fostering a child or teenager
• Network with other parents who will be able to help you throughout your foster care journey
• Trainings are held in a group setting and hours vary by state