what is i am more than?
We are all more than meets the eye. Foster children are no exception and our I Am More Than campaign seeks to dispel the myths surrounding children who enter the foster care system. Foster youth are human. They are resilient. They are extraordinary. They are healing, with their own hopes and dreams for the future.
more than a case file
Foster children are more than a case file, a statistic or a label. The abuse, neglect or traumas they’ve experienced don’t define who they are or who they can become. They simply need the guidance and support that loving foster parents can provide.
Our therapeutic foster care (also known as treatment foster care) focuses on permanency, safety and well-being for both children and parents, providing a therapeutic level of care that addresses:
Parental skills building
a call for foster parents
Our newest campaign is a call for foster parents. There are more foster referrals than families who can foster. The older a child is, the more likely they are to be rejected by potential foster families, due to their age and other factors beyond their control, and the less likely they are to be adopted into a loving home. These children are worth more than their circumstances and can live up to their full potential. SAFY foster parents make a profound impact in the lives of the children they welcome into their homes and into their hearts.
Are you ready to be the difference in a child’s life?
Request More Information!
Please fill out the form below
SAFY is here to
help foster families thrive
Our therapeutic foster care services, also known as treatment foster care, place youth in need of treatment-level care in a supportive, family environment. Our services focus on permanency, safety and well-being for both children and parents, providing a therapeutic level of care.
Our goal is to ensure each child’s physical and emotional safety and to facilitate their return to their birth family or another permanent option.
What are the Requirements
to Become a Foster Parent?
There are three primary requirements to become a licensed foster parent with SAFY.
- Attend foster parent trainings (number of trainings vary by state)
- Complete required paperwork, background checks and a home inspection
- Participate in a home study (a detailed assessment to ensure a foster youth’s safety and well-being while in your family and home)
SAFY Foster Parents Are:
- Married, single, divorced, widowed and unmarried co-parents
- Employed, stay-at-home parents and retired
- Homeowners and renters
- As young as 21 years of age and senior citizens
- Experienced and new parents
- Have biological or adopted children
- Empty nesters
- Of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds and sexual orientations