Black History: Celebrate. Honor. Inspire.
February is Black History Month. SAFY is excited to honor the past, celebrate the present, and inspire the future. To honor the impact Black Americans had and continue to have on America’s History, our #IWillBecauseOfYou campaign stands to inspire the present and future generations of youth who will change their community, their country, and the world.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Are you ready to be the difference in a child’s life?
SAFY is here to
help foster families thrive
Our therapeutic foster care services, also known as treatment foster care, place youth in need of treatment-level care in a supportive, family environment. Our services focus on permanency, safety and well-being for both children and parents, providing a therapeutic level of care.
Our goal is to ensure each child’s physical and emotional safety and to facilitate their return to their birth family or another permanent option.
What are the Requirements
to Become a Foster Parent?
There are three primary requirements to become a licensed foster parent with SAFY.
- Attend foster parent trainings (number of trainings vary by state)
- Complete required paperwork, background checks and a home inspection
- Participate in a home study (a detailed assessment to ensure a foster youth’s safety and well-being while in your family and home)
SAFY Foster Parents Are:
- Married, single, divorced, widowed and unmarried co-parents
- Employed, stay-at-home parents and retired
- Homeowners and renters
- As young as 21 years of age and senior citizens
- Experienced and new parents
- Have biological or adopted children
- Empty nesters
- Of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds and sexual orientations