Adopt a Child
Imagine growing up without a permanent home. You can change the future for a child by offering your forever home. There are a large number of children currently living in foster care who cannot return to their birth families. SAFY’s adoption program serves these children.
To become a SAFY Adoptive Parent, you need to be:
- At least 21 years of age
- Capable of financially supporting yourself
- Have adequate bedroom space for a child
- Pass criminal and child-abuse background checks.
- Willing to submit to a reference check
- Willing to attend training sessions
Families received training to prepare for the new family member. Training is also available for children with special needs.
SAFY’s caring staff of licensed social workers help guide adoptive parent through the entire process. Each adoptive family participates in a home assessment in order to identify individual and family strengths.