SAFY’s Empowering Families Network and Community-Based Prevention Services (CBPS)
On April 1, 2015, SAFY began a five-year statewide contract with the South Carolina Department of Social Services (DSS) to provide Community-Based Prevention Services (CBPS) to strengthen families and communities. The goal is to empower families to resolve difficulties which impact their ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
CBPS develops skills, personal characteristics, knowledge, relationships, and opportunities to help individuals and families deal with challenges and difficulties experienced in school, work, and life. Families with one or more children at risk of being removed from the home are referred to the SAFY Empowering Families Network by DSS. Families referred to the Network are notified by DSS. The service is voluntary and free to the public.
Our Network providers include:
- Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County (BHSPC)
- Carolina Youth Development Center (CYDC)
- Children’s Place, Inc.
- Growing Home Southeast, Inc.
- Hope Center for Children
- New Foundations Home for children, Inc.
- South Carolina MENTOR, Inc.
- Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth (SAFY)
- Windwood Family Services.
For more information about CBPS or the SAFY Empowering Families Network, please contact us at 888-229-6771.